Kilikali is a music player for Maemo/Gnome. The main goal is a nice looking open source player for the most common audio files.
Repository for kilikali:
Web address : http://tuomas.kulve.fi/debian
Distribution : bora
Components : maemo
Or click here
for single click install.
Found a bug? Check the
tracker if it's already known and
report it if it's not
- Plays oggs (tremor) using hardcoded gst pipeline
- Plays mp3s using hardcoded gst pipeline with dspmp3sink
- Supports playlists (e.g. http://kohina.org/ playlists and streams should work). Non-working http:// urls segfaults however.
- Uses GnomeVFS, so UPNP servers are supported automatically in Maemo.
- Takes roughly 10-15% of cpu according to top when playing oggs
- Future enhancements are tracked in the todo list
Since the Internet Tablets don't provide ogg support, check out ogg project at garage.
Use maemo nicer to give kilikali lower nice value to prevent audio hickups while e.g. reading PDFs or browsing the web. Kilikali detects existance of maemo nicer and uses it if found.